Job Description / Role
Position Type: Full-Time Employment
Company: Chalhoub Group
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavor to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewelry, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touchpoint leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse,” which is not just an innovation hub but also an incubator space and accelerator for startups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalyzed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment toward people, partners, and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and a signatory of the Women’s Empowerment Principles.
What you’ll be doing
At Chalhoub, we’re driven by digital! As a Site Merchandiser, you will be responsible for ensuring offerings and promotions are timely listed online in alignment with stores. You will also be responsible for analyzing online purchasing data, competitor comparisons, and translating them into reports to update management.
- Manage/create/remove categories and collections on the website.
- Manage product recommendation and personalization tools.
- Ensure consistency of product SKUs and labels with the ERP system.
- Align with the Online Brand Strategy plan and assist the dedicated teams on operational actions for acquisition, promotion, retention, communication, etc.
- Liaise with the purchasing team for new launches (in line with all stores).
- Liaise with the commercial team for new brand listings.
- Manage the launch of products, including content requests from brands and stock requests from the purchasing team.
- Ensure all promotions are active online (including discount promotions, GWP, and PWP by country).
Merchandising on Site
- Utilize sales and customer analytics to decide how products should be displayed online to maximize sales.
- Guarantee optimum brand presentation on homepages, landing pages, and product descriptions.
- Product assortment by best sellers, unsung heroes, and new launches to optimize sales.
- Filters and main menu navigation updates.
- Homepage banners and content updates to guide customers to our current promotions, newness, product recommendations, and best sellers.
- Optimize product pages, including product imagery, monitoring reviews, cross-sells/upsell, and product page ‘special offer’ banners.
- Optimize the catalog to increase conversion rates.
- Monitor stock levels to avoid out-of-stock issues during peak seasons.
- Forecast and create stock replenishment for the purchasing team to action.
- Analyze and manage stock levels to reach sell-through ratio KPIs.
- Own the merchandising calendar – planning with marketing, content, social, email, and seeking to constantly optimize.
- Work with purchase coordinators to ensure products used in marketing campaigns are online in time, share product links, and work with the content team to manage social media schedule based on arrivals.
- Notify marketing/content team of new brand arrivals for photography so it’s ready to launch with Brand online.
- Work with CRM to determine the email schedule, select relevant products.
- Work with Finance to determine budgets and forecasting.
- Liaise with concessions for uploads, seasonal updates, and sale alignment.
- Communicate Brand updates and website changes with the team.
- Analyze and report on best sellers by week, month, country, categories, and brands.
- Draft monthly reports to update brands on their current market shares and ranking against competitors.
- Update monthly dashboard/CEO dashboard.
- Generate forecasts and topline definition.
- Analyze website performance, traffic, conversion, and other KPIs across regions and countries.
- Monitor Google Analytics on a daily basis to create actionable recommendations.
- Process daily SMS to customers with pending orders to help minimize the cancellation rate.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Must have strong online merchandising experience – approximately 2-5 years.
- Experience with a fashion/beauty eCommerce business.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Google Analytics.
- Commercial awareness to drive conversion rates onsite.
- Strong reporting experience and forecasting.
- Self-starter and a quick learner.
- Experience with SFCC is preferred.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities, and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary every day.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution, and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty, and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge