Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavor to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewelry, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
Chalhoub have recently signed a 25-year partnership with our first eyewear brand, EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the industry, renowned for the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames, and sunglasses. We are working together to launch a series of mono-brand and multi-brand stores, showcasing iconic global brands like Ray-Ban, Persol, Oliver Peoples, and David Clulow across the GCC.
What you’ll be doing
As Head of Sales, you will lead all stores in the Country to success by developing a high performance team which consistently exceeds expectations and achieves sales, profitability and business growth. This position is responsible for developing key initiatives to increase service and value of the retail operation; understands and brings to life for all associates the Vision, Mission and Values of the Company. You responsibilities will include:
– Direct and monitor all sales and operational activities of the Country to ensure OI objectives are met. Process involves travel to individual stores throughout the region
– Actively manage operation budgets. Review business costs on an ongoing basis. Set clear aligned KPIs to monitor business progress and performance
– Proactively recruit, hire, train and develop high quality store and market managers in line with brand and region requirements. Focus efforts on continuously improving organization structure and end to end processes that drive real customer value
– Accurately staff region to respond and address all Customer needs, demonstrating practical ways to respond and stay ahead of competitors. Ensure managers have up-to-date information about procedures, sales and return policies
– Partner with Product, Marketing & Visual Merchandising to ensure all components best fit the customer market and brand proposition
– Continuously drive the business by analyzing key financial data, monitoring operating efficiencies and identifying business trends/opportunities. Generates reports, uses information to take action to improve performance (sets aggressive action plans and prepares budgets)
– Communicate, implement and ensure compliance of all company policies, programs, standards and visual presentations in an effective and timely manner
– Create an environment that encourages the development of managers and associates; provide challenging assignments and opportunities for management development
– Regularly communicate with General Manager and the rest of the team on business performance and key issues requiring attention
What you’ll need to succeed
The ideal candidate has a solid retail management experience, managing multi-store operations in the Luxury Retail Industry. Other requirements include:
– Strong leadership capabilities
– Experience in development and delivery of retail strategies
– Team building and management skills
– Strong negotiating and influencing skills
– Strong relationship building capabilities
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Problem solving and analytical/computer skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.